Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lovely new things...

Due to some terribly unfortunate circumstances I have not been in the kitchen for yet another week. That obviously does not mean that I have not been eating, drinking and generally consuming.

I have a few new things to share with you before I head back to the kitchen:

First is this lovely new beer that I have welcomed into my life. It is brewed with pecans and has a nutty and sweet finish that I will surely miss when it goes out of season. It is a seasonal brew much like the pumpkin ales and other fall inspirations. I have outlined in the past my true love of pecans and the ingenious people at Abita have combined that love and my true affection for good beer into their simply named Pecan Harvest. I strongly urge you to give it a go before it is gone for the year.
The pictures could be better, but that wont hurt the flavor one bit....

Next is the most fantastic of gifts from my mother in law. I am a rather clumsy person and thusly have broken all of the delicate glass pieces that were so lovingly given to my husband and I for our wedding. Knowing this and my love for cake and cookie stands my magically in touch mother in law presented me with this three tiered stand that I had been coveting for weeks. How does she do it, I just dont know, but she always finds the things that I want most and gets them for us without even a hint from me. Her ability to do this is uncanny and I could not have a asked for a more intuitive and caring addition to my life and family.


Please ignore the grass, dead as it is, in the last throes of its dance with the summer heat. Yes, I said summer heat in October...apparently we live in hell. Hence the pink brick house baking in the disastrous heat ... did I mention that they, the little pink houses, are all in a row ... and my Stepford-esk neighbors cut their grass twice a week ... I can feel my soul dying with the withering grass ... the Stepfords will never taste the yumminess from my kitchen, oh no.


One last addition to my list of lovelies ...

I so look forward to making fragrant pots of beans and chilies with this salty slab of pork deliciousness. I will make fresh green beans slick with the salty flavor hugging tight to each crisp bite. I will make refried beans that no self respecting dieter would think of touching as they delight in the pork induced coma that will set in unawares after a few mouthfuls of the thick satisfying concoction...oh yes I love salted pork! I will swirl tiny bits of it through my holiday fudge and bake tasty morsels of it into my chocolate chip cookies; salty and sweet my fans will never know what hit them as they rip through the box of goodies they discover on their doorstep...are you one? You could be...

Off to the kitchen...

No comments: