Thursday, August 28, 2008

Breakfast To-Go

Ok, so...every morning, before I wake up, my husband scavenges through the kitchen in search of something tasty for breakfast. I have tried buying him granola bars and pre-made breakfast items, to no avail...he wants flavor! Imagine that! And substance...how dare he?!
A few days ago I mentioned that using the Irish Soda Farl you could easily make up sandwiches that would be convenient for those on the go. He came home that day and said, 'Why cant you do that?"
So, of course I did. Here are the results; they turned out really tasty (if I do say so myself).


I sliced the wedges in half and then split them open.

On one side I dressed the bread with spicy brown mustard and on the other I slathered on a healthy dose of a tofu and pea spread that I will share with you further down the page.

On the mustard side I placed an egg slice that I made by baking 5 egg whites and one whole egg in the oven at 350F, in a greased cake pan. I sprinkled the egg with some chili flakes and chives before sliding it into the oven for 15-20 minutes.



On the pea side I places one slice of bacon...oooh, we love bacon!

I closed them up and packages them in wax paper for quick re-heating in the microwave.

Ta-Da...breakfast for hubby!

Tofu and Pea Spread

1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
1/2 Cup Extra firm Tofu
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil

Add all ingredients to a food processor, starting with the peas and tofu. Pulse until a spreadable texture is achieved.
Will store in airtight container in fridge for up to 10 days.

No comments: