Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tiffini's Favorite Quiche Muffins

This post is just for my friend, Tiffini. She loves these mini quiche and has been asking for the recipe for a while, but I keep forgetting to share it with her. I have no pictures of this dish, but I am sure that Tiffini will email me pictures of hers when she makes them. If not I will post some photos the next time I make them. These are very yummy and easy; they taste like quiche, but have A LOT less calories. You can modify the additives to your taste, but I usually make these for larger groups of people and have found that these are the most popular.

Quiche Muffins

2 Egg whites
1/2 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cups Biscuit Mix (I use the gluten free baking mix from Pamela's)
1 Cup Diced Ham
1 Cup Shredded Zucchini
6 Tablespoons Chopped Green Onions
1 Cup Cheese - (I prefer a mixture, usually the Mexican cheeses premixed bag)

Preheat oven to 350F.

Oil your muffin cups, using paper cups is not necessary.

Mix together eggs, milk and butter. Add in the baking mix and mix until smooth. Fold in the remaining ingredients until well incorporated.

Scoop the batter into the greased muffin pans, filling them 3/4 of the way. For a mini muffin pan scoop about 1 tablespoon each.

Bake for about 16-20 minutes or until beginning to turn golden along the edges.

After these have come out of the oven allow them to cool. You can freeze these for up to 1 month once they have been baked. All you have to do it pop them into the oven to thaw them before serving.

These are such a wonderful thing to have on hand if you are going to be having house guests; it looks like you woke up early and fixed breakfast, when really all you did was stumble to the kitchen in a sleepy stupor and shove a pan into the oven. Ta-Da...breakfast!

These are really very good and easy to eat.

No comments: